Wednesday 18 December 2013

Restaurant


Restaurant
Paper instructions:
Part E of Ons restaurant
E. “I started this business when i was still at school (2007). I was doing my internship and working on my essay. I did not finish because ofcourse the restaurant took a lot of time. In 2010 the restaurant was running smoothly and we started another company. A smaller one, sort of a deli, were people could have lunch or take it away. It was open in the morning till 17.00 o’clock. I was in control there and after closing time i went back to the restaurant tot work the evening shift. In the Deli it was a lot more quiet, so i had time to work on my essay for school. In that year i managed to graduate from school. We sold that business because someone offered to buy it from us. We did sell the deli, despite the fact that we made up a contract, the buyer did not follow the rules and did not fully paid us. She also kept our business name and damaged it. She was not competent enough and the business got a bad reputation. People thought that it was still our company becouse the name was still the same. This was a great learning experiance, and therefore we will never sell our name with a company we want to sell. I went back full time to the restaurant. Typical day of work ; Starts at 9.30 cleaning and preparing for lunch, till 12.00 o’clock we only have coffee/thee with cake and from 12 till 16.00 we have lunch. 17.00 Diner starts so between 16.00 and 17.00 we have to prepare for diner, clean the toilets, make the tables ready. Staff eats at 14.30 when they have a day shift and 16.30 when they have the evening shift. Diner is till 21.00 and the restaurant closes when everybody is gone. So that depands.”
>> This was my interview with my supervisor. From this write in passive the main turning points in her career path and her typical day at work 

No comments:

Post a Comment